OK, all you Bones fans out there know I am not a fan of spoilers and, while I am prone to teasing, I believe in not finding out too much before you finally get to watch the seventh season premiere on Fox on November 3rd. So, since I don’t want to give too much away about the case in the first episode or about what’s going on with our favorite Bones characters, here’s a little True and False game that should hopefully entertain you regarding the season premiere episode, “The Memories In The Shallow Grave”…if you like my little True and False game, let me know and I’ll do the same with the second episode, “The Hot Dog In The Competition.” (Stay tuned! Coming soon!) (And in case you didn’t see that I’m giving away copies of the Bones Season 6 DVD, click RIGHT HERE to see how you enter!)
That said, for people who truly don’t want to know anything until the episode airs, I’d stop reading now. For the rest of you, I’d call this ‘barely spoilery.’ I do tell you some things but not too much.
- You’ll find out early in the episode where the relationship between Booth (David Boreanaz) and Brennan (Emily Deschanel) has landed since we last saw our fave duo.
- Sadly, Emily is barely in the episode and she’s only seen phoning in from a faraway place.
- We get to see Baby Hodgins in and out of the lab.
- Hart Hanson and Stephen Nathan have cameos as dueling janitors fighting over a hard-boiled egg in the background of a scene.
- These words are spoken in the episode: “normal,” “family,” “fried rice” “married” and “rational.” (No, I’m not telling you who says them and in what context but I would not jump to conclusions!)
- Brennan is seen watching an episode of New Girl (the new Fox sitcom starring Zooey Deschanel) on a laptop.
- Geoff Stults (who we’ll see in the Bones spin-off, The Finder) has a cameo and hits on Angela, as he has said he wants to do in interviews.
- More than one pair of characters has great heart-to-heart scenes in the episode.
- There’s a fabulous musical montage in a Baby Store with two of our cast testing new strollers while Amy Grant’s “Baby, Baby” plays on the overhead speaker.
- While the theme song is the same, you will see some new video in the opening titles.
- Hannah (Katheryn Winnick) makes a surprise appearance.
- True! Thankfully, the show does not revert back to the will they/won’t they device.
- FALSE!! (OK, I know that probably bounced your blood pressure a bit but I gotta keep ya guessing, right?!)
- True! And, just as both Michaela Conlin and creator Hart Hanson said at this summer’s TCA Fox party, the baby is ridiculously cute. Thumbs up!
- False! (But wouldn’t that be AMAZING!?)
- False! (OK, that one I’m sure had some of your sharpening your claws!)
- True!! (The fans will be very happy when they see these scenes!)
- FALSE! (I’m sure Hanson/Nathan can do better than Amy Grant if this scene were to ever happen. Don’t you agree?)
- True! (I love the new and improved opening!)
- FALSE! While I know I was someone who wasn’t bothered by Hannah’s part in Season 6, she does not appear. (Did I give any of you a heart attack? My bad!!)
The seventh season of Bones premieres Thursday, November 3rd at 9/8c.