@HartHanson @SquareChicken Since the True and False teaser post I did for episode 701, ‘The Memories In The Shallow Grave,” of the new Bones season was such a hit with all you Bones fanatics (thanks for all the great comments!!), I thought I’d do the same with episode 702, “The Hot Dog in the Competition.” Having just watched it this morning, I am already feeling that this could be one of the strongest seasons of Bones to date. I may be setting myself up by saying that but the one concern – that having Booth and Brennan involved romantically would kill the show – is long gone having now seen these episodes and seeing how their relationship and impending baby is only adding more fun and layers to an already great show.
So, without further adieu….here are some True and False questions about “The Hot Dog In The Competition.”
- Rats and snakes are both very present in this sometimes gruesome episode.
- Somebody learns the sex of the Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Booth (David Boreanaz) baby.
- New squint Finn Abernathy (played wonderfully by Luke Kleintank) gets off on the wrong foot by getting in a fist fight with a Jeffersonian administrator (played by series creator Hart Hanson)
- Booth and Brennan have a case/baby pow-wow at the Royal Diner.
- Bones does not let her pregnancy get in the way of some very aggressive behavior with a suspect in the case of the week.
- Sweets (John Francis Daley) goes undercover in a hot dog eating competition but loses to an overzealous winner, played by Executive Producer Stephen Nathan.
- A familiar face from past Bones seasons pops up in this episode and has a warning for one of our regulars.
- Baby Hodgins is seen wearing a onesy with Terra Nova on the front.
- Someone at the Jeffersonian comes up with a TV-centric nickname for new squint Finn.
- After much investigation, the dead corpse in the episode is identified as Hannah (Katheryn Winnick).
- There’s a hot and heavy love scene in the episode between Booth and Brennan.
Which did you pick as True and which did you laugh at but know it’s FALSE? Here are the answers…well, most of them….
- TRUE. I’m usually all for the gory and gross but even this episode had a few moments where I had to be prepared to look away.
- TRUE. Can’t say more than that but…well, that’s all I can say.
- FALSE. OK, maybe it’s a tip off whenever I suggest either Hanson or Stephen Nathan make a cameo but I just want to see them pop up in a show! Don’t you?
- TRUE. I kinda like these scenes more and more since there’s so much more going on in their relationship.
- TRUE. Again, can’t tell you in what context but even I was impressed with one moment where Brennan does not exactly act pregnant.
- FALSE. See #3.
- TRUE. But I can’t tell you who or what but regular viewers will know this character immediately.
- FALSE. At least I didn’t say New Girl this time, right?
- TRUE. Gotta tell ya, Finn is a really great addition to the show. He’ll grow on your quick in the best of ways. Thumbs up, Mr. Kleintank!
- FALSE. Oh, but how many of you wanted it to be true just so there’s truly no way she can ever come back?
- The answer is….I’M NOT TELLING. Yes, I am being a master teaser here but you’ll have to wait for the episode to air soon to find out the answer.
As most of you know, the new season of Bones airs Thursday, November 3rd on Fox. “The Hot Dog In The Competition” is scheduled to air November 10th.